If you are looking for the best alternatives to Hootsuite, then you are in the right place. Community managers, large companies, and "influencers" know all of Hootsuite's benefits for managing their social networks - managing all your social networks in one place.
Hootsuite was a great solution for most companies 10 years ago. However, technological improvements have seen the emergence of advanced social media management tools with extra features, offering more cost-effective alternatives to Hootsuite - particularly for small and medium-sized businesses (SMBs). Here we list the top Hootsuite alternatives.
What is Hootsuite?
Hootsuite is a web server created in 2008 by Ryan Holmes that allows you to manage all social networking platforms, both personal and organizational. This application was born to enhance commercial accounts and publish synergistically that does not require one person to carry out all the control.
It's pretty easy to manage multiple social media accounts at once with Hootsuite. It lets you create, schedule, and analyze social media content across multiple platforms. You can track your performance, manage team members, and figure out ROI. When used right, it can make your team more productive.
Hootsuite's main selling point is its user-friendly interface. However, the platform has not evolved with the times, particularly for SMBs, rather focusing on building out its offering towards enterprises. Key features, such as in-house content creation - both graphics and text - are missing. We highlight some of the pros and cons of Hootsuite below:
- Features like task assignments and comments that boost collaboration within teams
- You can manage and delete comments on social media pages
- Social listening tools integration capabilities
- Access to free videos and webinars on their educational platform
- Limited content creation abilities
- Doesn’t support all post formats
- Expensive with the best features for teams only available on higher plans
- Hidden charges for additional features, which increases the costs
Why You Should Consider Hootsuite Alternatives
You should try Hootsuite alternatives for the following reasons:
- Additional features
- More affordable options
- Better support
Hootsuite is quite expensive and you can find alternatives with similar features. Some of the alternatives come with important features that you won’t find on Hootsuite. You will also enjoy the best customer support from most of these new platforms.
Best Hootsuite Alternatives
Ocoya is a social media scheduling, content marketing, and social media scheduling platform that uses AI technology, used by 20,000 businesses worldwide. It also provides analytics for agencies and advertisers. It supports integrations with social networking platforms like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.
It has a very intuitive interface where you will find the main dashboard, connect the social account dashboard, create a new post dashboard, and the calendar view dashboard. You can easily manage different tasks with minimal difficulties.
It is a great social media management tool that offers more than just scheduling and publishing. The all-in-one management feature makes it the best tool for social media managers because it covers several aspects. With it, you can:
- Build and manage high-converting marketing campaigns
- Create high converting graphics and copy for your social media
- Get analytics and reports of your social media management strategies
- Integrate your ecommerce store and directly promote your products on social media
- Free plan for those just getting started at $0
- Bronze—For single individuals or solopreneurs, it offers $19 per month.
- Silver—For small teams building their brand, it offers $49 per month.
- Gold— For small agencies and copywriters, it offers $99 per month.
- Diamond—For large agencies with reporting needs, it offers $199 per month.
- Simple and advanced user interface.
- Better features for content creation that you can schedule or publish on social networking platforms.
- Uses TravisAI technology which helps you generate unlimited copies.
- Easily generate more high-converting captions and relevant hashtags for social media.
- High quality support
- It offers fundamental analytics at the moment since advanced analytics are yet to be introduced.
It is an application for managing accounts in social networks used by around 17,000 sellers in this field. It was created to solve network synchronization in businesses and agencies with a serious track record.
One of its most representative attributes is that it allows you to program the content that will be easily uploaded to social networks. In addition, you can manage comments in your own tray, which can also be accessed by all colleagues in the company or agency.
- Free For individuals just getting started for $0.
- Pro for Social media management for small teams for $99/mo.
- The premium for Powerful tools for agencies and growing teams for $249/mo.
- Enterprise for Ultimate social media control and flexibility for growth (request custom by contacting)
- Allows the optimization of the publications in different social networks.
- It has a built-in CMR for network administration. In addition, it allows the tracking of clients.
- From a single board, you can synchronize Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, and LinkedIn.
- It has special features.
- A tool for companies and professional agencies.
- It is a paid server high cost, but it offers about 14 days of free.
SociallyMap has been designed to allow you to plan your publications on social networks and your blog according to the times when your audience will be the most receptive in a few clicks. You can even schedule reposts at regular intervals.
This tool also monitors and curates content in the areas that interest your potential target. SociallyMap saves you a lot of time managing your presence on all social networks.
- Starter: $14.90/month for 3 social network accounts, 1 mapping, 10 RSS feeds.
- Business: $49.90/month for 10 social network accounts, 1 mapping, and 50 RSS feeds.
- Master: $99.90/month for 30 social network accounts, 3 mappings, and 150 RSS feeds.
- Custom: tailor-made offer.
- Easy to use.
- Programmable publications also on blogs.
- Complete automation allows significant time savings.
- Lack of personalization of publications according to social networks.
Social Pilot isn't the best performing alternative to Hootsuite, but it's still a great time saver and part of an overall marketing strategy. The platform is easy to pick up, even for beginners, although unattractive.
It is possible to use Social Pilot to create your publications on the main social networks and schedule them.
- Professional Version: $25.50 / month to manage up to 25 social media accounts individually.
- Small Team Version: $42.50/month to manage up to 50 social media accounts in a team of 5 users.
- Agency version: $85/month to manage up to 100 social media accounts in a team of 10 users.
- Enterprise version: Tailor-made.
- Intuitive platform accessible for beginners.
- Compatible with various social networks, including Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, Google +, Pinterest, and Tumblr.
- Particularly competitive rates.
- Unable to do competitive intelligence.
- Tool incompatible with YouTube.
When looking for high-review alternatives to Hootsuite, Sendible is one of the first. It is a web server used by approximately 10,000 companies around the world.
Posts can be made on social networks and platforms that allow the programming of any content publications, among which are: Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, WordPress, WordPress, Blogger, Tumblr, and many others.
In a few words, it is the ideal alternative for those who work in online and social marketing within a company, agency, or productive organization.
- CREATOR for $29/mo. for freelancers.
- TRACTION for $89/mo. for startup agencies & brands.
- SCALE for $199/mo. for growing agencies & brands.
- EXPANSION for $399/mo. for large teams & agencies.
- The reports offer details of the audience's notable aspects that review the content and the publication's interaction.
- All channels for communication are fully customizable and are brought together in the same inbox.
- The reports offered by the publications are free.
- It offers a free trial for 30 days, and its cost is good value for money.
- Perform automated recycling of outdated content
- It has a calendar option for the orderly promotion of the content, even scheduling months in advance.
- Setup takes time, more so than the other alternatives.
- It is a paid plan; it does not offer free trials or free plans.
- It is a specialist mainly in Instagram.
Buffer is the ideal alternative for those just starting in the world of social media marketing. In addition, Buffer is among the oldest and most popular applications in the entire market.
Due to its many years, it offers a few hundred functions adapted to the demands of its clients and the new fashions within social networks, which allows simplifying the process of programming and creating good content.
- Free plan for individuals and businesses getting started with social media for $0/month.
- Essentials plan for professionals who use publishing, analytics & engagement tools for $6/month.
- Team plan for teams who want unlimited user seating, collaboration, and reporting for $12/month.
- Agency plan for marketing agencies with 10 or more social channels for $120/month.
- Earning plans are the most affordable.
- It is a simple interface, ideal for those who start in social media marketing.
- Has access to the browser extension Buffer to perform scheduled posts without leaving the reading web page.
- It has an orderly interface since you can see the information of each profile and network that is being managed separately and very clearly.
- High support for major social networks.
- You can set times for the publication and schedule the content you want to be published by time.
- Allows only 100 posts on the starter plan.
CoShedule is an application created in 2014. Despite its young age, it works in more than 8,000 marketing organizations, distributed in more than 100 countries.
One of its main features is flexibility since it allows all its users to freely develop their own content marketing strategy, just intervene, to centralize them within their platform in one place to make it more orderly and clean.
- The forever—free marketing calendar to see everything in one place for $0.
- Pro—The advanced marketing calendar with limitless publishing to gain even more control for $29 per user/month.
- Business—A family of agile marketing products to complete more work and prove your team’s value (custom package).
- Gives complete control over managing social networks.
- Make known the status of the profiles within the networks.
- API functions enabled.
- Allows for email marketing.
- Complete analysis of advertising campaigns.
- Has event-triggered reminders.
- The data offered is not in real-time.
- Does not have mobile access.
MavSocial is an application created by the Maventus Group in 2012 to solve social network management problems for different companies or agencies worldwide. It is a complete server since it connects directly with networks and websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WeChat, and YouTube.
- Advanced Plan—Best for small businesses for US$19/mo.
- Pro Plan—Best for growing brands for US$78/mo.
- Business Plan—Great for larger teams, agencies, and franchises for US$199/mo.
- Enterprise Plan—Full flexibility, including ads for the power teams for custom offer.
- It has community management and social listening program.
- Allows you to optimize and share videos within your social networks.
- Connects with an email to send reports on user interactions and responsiveness.
- Features Schedules: Authorized, Campaign, and Automated.
- Send alerts and notifications to the tray so that users do not miss details of the publications.
- Management reports are incomplete and ambiguous.
It is a social network planner that allows its users to connect all the networks from the same tray for the generation of social marketing easily and with results in a short time.
- Eddie Monthly Plan for $29.99/mo for side hustlers and those just getting started.
- Edgar Monthly Plan for $49.99/mo for entrepreneurs and small businesses.
- It has expectation queues, ideal for those contents that are recurrent. These queues are organized in a loop and are published in order.
- Offers suggestions on post details.
- It has an immersed calendar to correctly manage times and establish a schedule to program the content you want to publish.
- Its interface is very dynamic, orderly, and intuitive.
- Not recommended for companies or advertising agencies.
eClincher is considered by experts not as a Hootsuite alternative but as its direct replacement. This website has a significant investment in the supervision, generation, and publication of interactivity reports on social networks.
This powerful tool has wide coverage in social networks and everything necessary for the administration and increase of interactions within them. Among the networks, it connects are Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Linkedln, among others.
- Basic for $59/mo.
- Premier for $119/mo.
- Agency for $219/mo.
- Integrate a Pocket account into your server, which stores all that useful information that could be shared later.
- The programming is organized under a calendar with weekly and monthly publication schedules.
- It has a social inbox, where you can manage all the comments and replies to messages in the same place.
- Has advanced features in programming.
- The reports offered are quite complete.
- If you want to purchase Twitter CRM, you have to pay an extra high price for this service.
Sprout Social is an economical, efficient, and long-standing program because it is used by the main exponents of online marketing, such as gamers: Grubhub, Vice, and Glassdoor.
This server offers a simple, efficient, and low-cost way to manage social networks for its users. It has a multitude of functions to monitor them and hiring and programming on all existing platforms.
- Standard Plan for $89 per user/month (billed annually) or $99 month-to-month.
- Professional Plan for $149 per user/month (billed annually) or $169 month-to-month.
- Advanced Plan for $249 per user/month (billed annually) or $279 month-to-month.
- You can make a schedule for the promotion of content and social networks.
- Scheduling is open for keywords, locations, and profiles.
- Allows the management of comments from the same inbox and for all profiles.
- Thousands and millions of followers can be managed from a single tray.
- Generates reports on interactions and dynamic growth, which is very important for making network management decisions.
- Stratified use for large and very complete companies.
- It has a high cost.
- A very professional and extensive tool, it is only perfect for large business complexes or profiles with thousands of followers.
The market is full of alternatives that are worth investigating. Our favourite is of course Ocoya, where you can create and publish content for your socials without switching platforms. You can compare the above alternatives to find one that suits your needs perfectly. Try more than one tool before choosing one; you'll get an idea of the differences and hopefully pick the best one.